[Haskell-beginners] SQL Lexer

Patrick LeBoutillier patrick.leboutillier at gmail.com
Fri May 8 21:53:04 EDT 2009

Hi all,

In the process of writing an SQL parser I started by writing a lexer.
The code can be found here:
http://hpaste.org/fastcgi/hpaste.fcgi/view?id=4736#a4736

You can run it like this in ghci:

Prelude SQL.Lexer> runLexer "select * from TABLE order by FIELD"
[Token Reserved "select",Token Space " ",Token Operator "*",Token
Space " ",Token Reserved "from",Token Space " ",Token Identifier
"TABLE",Token Space " ",Token Reserved "order",Token Space " ",Token
Reserved "by",Token Space " ",Token Identifier "FIELD"]

Since this is pretty much my first Haskell project over 10 lines long,
I'm looking for some feedback of any kind.
Ultimately I would like to use this lexer to build a functional SQL
parser using Parsec.

Thanks,

Patrick