[Haskell-beginners] Re: Tutorial/Book with Exercises

Michael Mossey mpm at alumni.caltech.edu
Fri Mar 27 08:21:05 EDT 2009

Jason White wrote:
> Michael Mossey  <mpm at alumni.caltech.edu> wrote:
>
>> YAHT has some hard exercises, early on. He introduces continuations in
>> chapter 4, briefly, and then casually asks you to rewrite map and filter
>>  in continuation-passing-style. I was stumped.
>
> So am I.
>
> Do you have any hints for these, without giving the answers away (I know the
> answers are in the appendix if I really need them)?

Well, I've got some bad news for you. He doesn't include the answers to
the CPS-related questions. Note: YAHT seems to be incomplete in a number
of ways, because there are chapter headings that exist only as stubs.
However, it's a terrific resource, and my thanks to Hal.

I decided to just move on, and I'll come back to continuations when I
find them in another book.

Mike