[Haskell-beginners] Re: question about show -- RWH chapter 5

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Thu Mar 26 12:52:48 EDT 2009

Am Donnerstag 26 März 2009 17:20:46 schrieb 7stud:
> Daniel Fischer <daniel.is.fischer <at> web.de> writes:
> > > $ ghc -o simple Main.hs PutJSON.hs SimpleJSON.hs
> > > /usr/libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: warning -F:
directory

> > name
> >
> > > (/Users/me/Library/Frameworks) does not exist
> > >
> > > $ simple
> > > hello
> > >
> > > Also can anyone tell me why I always get that warning?
> >
> > Does the directory exist? If it exists, is in in the linker path?
>
> No it doesn't exist.  There is a directory:
>
> /Library/Frameworks

That explains the warning, though not why ld is looking for that
directory. Since I don't know Macs, I can only guess.
Maybe the fact that you untarred ghc to
/Users/me/my_tar_extractions/ghc-6.8.2 confused it as it expected to
be untarred to /usr/local/ghc-6.8.2 and find the frameworks in
../../Library/Frameworks.

You can try symlinking /Library to /Users/me and see if that gets rid of
the warning, though for a real fix, a mac-user's answer would be
required.