[Haskell-beginners] Re: question about show -- RWH chapter 5
bbxx789_05ss at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 26 12:20:46 EDT 2009
Daniel Fischer <daniel.is.fischer <at> web.de> writes:
> > $ ghc -o simple Main.hs PutJSON.hs SimpleJSON.hs
> > /usr/libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: warning -F: directory
> > (/Users/me/Library/Frameworks) does not exist
> > $ simple
> > hello
> > Also can anyone tell me why I always get that warning?
> Does the directory exist? If it exists, is in in the linker path?
No it doesn't exist. There is a directory:
This is what I did to install ghc:
1) I downloaded GMP.framework and GNUreadline.framework, which my mac
automatically unzipped and placed on my desktop. I then dragged the
resulting two folders into /Library/Frameworks as per the instructions at:
2) I downloaded ghc-6.8.2
3) I unzipped an untared into /Users/me/my_tar_extractions
4) I cd'ed into the newly created ghc-6.8.2 folder.
5) I read the INSTALL document in the ghc-6.8.2 folder.
6) I ran the command:
7) Then I ran the command:
$ sudo make install
8) At the end of the install output, I got a message that said:
Installation of ghc-6.8.2 was successful.
To use, add /usr/local/bin to your PATH.
Warning: this binary distribution does NOT contain documentation!
9) I appended /usr/local/bin onto the PATH in ~/.bash_profile.
After unzipping and untaring ghc, should I have put the
ghc-6.8.2 folder in /Library/Frameworks like I did with
GMP.framework and GNUreadline.framework? Can I still do that?
More information about the Beginners