[Haskell-beginners] Explicit specification of function types

Tom Poliquin poliquin at softcomp.com
Mon Mar 23 22:08:28 EDT 2009

Zachary Turner wrote:
> Everything I've read has said that it's generally considered good practice
> to specify the full type of a function before the definition.  Why is this?

I'm still a newbie but using (and leaving) the type definitions
helps me quickly recall what a routine is doing and also provides
handy documentation when I have to hack (uhh ... I mean modify)
the code weeks later.

I also agree that when coding having the definitions 'localize'
the type error messages resulting in faster development.

Tom