[Haskell-beginners] basic threading

Michael Easter codetojoy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 07:33:37 EST 2009

hi again everyone,

I am giving a tech talk soon, and aspire to show an example from Chapter 28
of RWH on the STM monad.

My example is just a watered down version of the "transfer wealth" example
in the book.  However it is
single threaded.

Q: is there an "easy" example of illustrating 2 threads that do something
(trivial is fine)? I believe that the book constructs a
thread library/manager of sorts but I wonder if there is something easier.

Though I'm not sure how to square this with my example, for now I'd love to
see an example of starting up
2 threads that do something and block until a keystroke is entered in the
terminal.

My apologies if this is too vague or too much "can you do my homework?" !

thanks
Michael

--
Michael Easter