[Haskell-beginners] Re: Understanding State

Maurí­cio briqueabraque at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 10 09:42:12 EDT 2009

> sorry, now I see that it is not probably what you wanted because the first
> monad parameter does not depend on `a`. So better try this version where the
> first parameter is not a monad at all:

Geoffrey,

Maybe you can give us an example on how you intend to use that
code. Any of Jan's examples, or even others, can be a choice
depending on that. For instance, are you going to update a full
list with a single Int parameter, and then update a list many
times with changing parameters? Are you going to take a single
element and update it many times? Where are those Ints and rs
comming from?

Maurício