[Haskell-beginners] Is ghc 6.8.2 useful?

Sterling Clover s.clover at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 19:03:33 EST 2009

The libraries as of 6.8.2 are here:
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/6.8.2/html/libraries/

The regex library should be part of extralibs, which appears to come
standard with debian's ghc package. There are also better regex libraries
available from Hackage. There is indeed a new System.Process API, which you
may be able to install from hackage. Otherwise, for most purposes, the old
one works just fine. As for exitSuccess, as the documentation notes, it is
simply "exitWith ExitSuccess", so I wouldn't be too concerned at not being
able to use it.

In general 6.8.2 should be very useable still.

Cheers,
S.

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 4:59 AM, Erik de Castro Lopo
<mle+cl at mega-nerd.com<mle%2Bcl at mega-nerd.com>