[Haskell-beginners] System.Process and ghc 6.8.2

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+cl at mega-nerd.com
Thu Jan 22 18:14:14 EST 2009

Conrad Meyer wrote:

> So nag the Ubuntu ghc maintainer about being several versions behind. Or if
> they're actually not several versions behind, you're just using an old
> version of ubuntu, install a copy of ghc from a newer version of ubuntu.

I'm running the current latest release of Ubuntu and using the latest
ghc they offer.

The Ubuntu people just grab their version from Debian. I'm actually
tracking the Debian Haskell mailing list and just in the last week
there was an announcement of ghc-6.10.1 going into the experimental
repository. Then they need to compile all the libraries with the new
compiler.

I'm thinking of grabbing the debian source package from Debian
experimental and building it on Ubuntu.

Erik