[Haskell-beginners] System.Process and ghc 6.8.2

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+cl at mega-nerd.com
Thu Jan 22 17:28:41 EST 2009

Conrad Meyer wrote:

> Why do this extra work instead of simply upgrading to 6.8.3?

Mainly because 6.8.2 is installed on my Ubuntu system using a
pre-compiled package (including a bunch of pre-compiled libraries).
I much prefer to use the the native packaging system because most
of the time it works so much better than anything else.

Also, the "extra work" became a few minor tweaks to this code:

    http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/code/newpopen/System/Process/Run.hs

Cheers,
Erik