[Haskell-beginners] Printing the bits of an Int|Double

M Xyz functionallyharmonious at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 11 21:46:22 EST 2009

Thanks Stephen for your response.
With the help of #haskell I was actually able to find my answer:

import Char
import Numeric
import Data.Bits
import Data.Binary.Put
import Data.Binary.IEEE754
import qualified Data.ByteString.Lazy as LBS

main = do putStrLn . show $ map getBits (LBS.unpack . runPut $ putFloat64be 4.123)

getBits i = showIntAtBase 2 (chr . (48+)) i ""