[Haskell-beginners] WWAAA... I hate monads

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at theingots.org
Wed Apr 22 07:01:46 EDT 2009

Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Colin Paul Adams wrote:
>> This is excellent:
>>
>> http://ertes.de/articles/monads.html
>
> Thanks! I'll start reading that page immediately.

I noticed that this tutorial points to the following blog:

http://byorgey.wordpress.com/2009/01/12/abstraction-intuition-and-the-monad-tutorial-fallacy/

Wow! The author of this blog has nailed it. Trust me, I know, I was a
math teacher for years (a *good* teacher, based on student reviews). The
author of this blog is exactly right about why most tutorials about
abstract concepts are no help (and why so many math teachers are bad).

Now I'll go on to read the tutorial, encouraged that the author probably
knows how to teach.

Cheers,
Daniel.