[Haskell-beginners] problem cabal install'ing hmatrix

Erik Quaeghebeur equaeghe at nospammail.net
Mon Apr 20 16:58:09 EDT 2009

$ cabal install hmatrix
Resolving dependencies...
Configuring hmatrix-0.5.1.1...
Preprocessing library hmatrix-0.5.1.1...
running dist/build/Numeric/GSL/Special/Internal_hsc_make failed
command was: dist/build/Numeric/GSL/Special/Internal_hsc_make
>dist/build/Numeric/GSL/Special/Internal.hs
hmatrix-0.5.1.1 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
exit: ExitFailure 1

What should I do to diagnose/resolve this problem?
I'm on Gentoo/amd64 and have also posted this question in the gentoo
forums.

TIA for any help and pointers,

Erik