[Haskell-beginners] Installing Yi With GTK Frontend

Jeff Wheeler jeff at nokrev.com
Sat Apr 18 20:57:31 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 13:11 -0500, aditya siram wrote:

> I am having issues installing Yi with the GTK frontend. I have GTK2hs
> installed correctly but when I do 'yi --help' I get:

> Does Yi need a specific version of Gtk2hs?

It should work on 0.10; I'm not sure about earlier versions.

What happens if you try to run `cabal install yi -fpango`? Also, can you
try installing the development version? That might provide more insight
the problem, as I'm not immediately sure what's wrong.

To get the latest version from the darcs repository, try this:

$ darcs get http://code.haskell.org/yi/
$ cd yi
$ cabal install -fpango

And then, try execution via (the -fpango should be the default, but no
harm in being verbose)

$ yi -fpango

Do you get any errors at this point?

Jeff Wheeler

(Oh, and I apologize to aditya siram; I initially sent this message
privately, rather than to the list.)