[Haskell-beginners] Partial Loading and Debugging with GHCI

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 16 23:34:52 EDT 2009

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009, aditya siram wrote:
> I'm curious as to how one would go about debugging the following program:

Alternatively, instead of trying to find out what the type is (which
might something completely unintelligible and unhelpful, due to
Haskell's type inferencing), use :: liberally on subexpressions to say
"I think the type here should be *blah*"; it will let you zoom in on the
compiler-human mismatch much more quickly. I think this is one of the
best ways of Haskell debugging.

Cheers,
Edward