[Haskell-beginners] Can we specify the module of the function being referred

Amit Kumar Dhar amitkumardhar+haskell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 01:42:17 EDT 2008

Dear listers,

I was writing a program which defines a function named "show". But at each
of the recursive calls to itself "ghci" is showing the following message:
' Ambiguous occurrence `show'
    It could refer to either `show', defined at temp.hs:5:0
                          or `show', imported from Prelude         '

I don't want to import the 'show' function from prelude. Is there any way
out or I have to declare instance of the 'Show'?
Can we specify the module of a function from which it will be referred?

--
Amit kumar Dhar