[Haskell-begin] Re: New List

John Dorsey haskell at colquitt.org
Fri Jul 18 17:56:59 EDT 2008

> >This allows all applicable messages to be filtered without the need
> >for a prefix for the subject line of list postings.
> >
> >Please post your opinion on this forum as to whether creating this
> >kind of mail filter would be acceptable.  If most people agree to this
> >proposal, I will change the prefix back to a null string.

I already filter on something else.  I proposed adding the prefix for
two reasons:  (1) I file all my haskell-related lists into the same
box, and the prefix is handy for quickly telling which one I'm reading.
This can make the difference between, say, suggesting unsafePerformIO
(in the cafe) or a brief explanation of IO (on this list).  And (2) for
conistency with [Haskell] and [Haskell-cafe].

It's not important to me.  Sounds like the majority are for no prefix.

John