Something simple

Allan a.d.clark at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jul 17 15:57:18 EDT 2008

Hi

Generally I would write a function to deal with arguments such that they
needn't necessarily come from the command-line.
So I write a function of type :: [ String ] -> IO ()

My general pattern is therefore

main :: IO ()
main = getArgs >>= processArgs

processArgs :: [ String ] -> IO ()
processArgs [ times, dice ] = {- logic for what you want here -}
processArgs _                      = error "You must provide exactly two
arguments"

attached is a sample script which I always start from when writing a
simple program (it's actually in 'yi' as a template).

regards
allan