[arch-haskell] pacman output for archhaskell packages

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri May 8 06:11:30 UTC 2015

On 8 May 2015 at 05:01, Ramana Kumar <ramana at member.fsf.org> wrote:
> When (re)installing ArchHaskell packages, pacman produces some unusual and
> typically uninformative output compared to for non-haskell packages.
>
> I mean, things like:
> Reading package info from stdin ... done.
>
> and, worse, there is often an "error" when upgrading a package "command
> failed to execute correctly", which appears to be harmless but is
> confronting nevertheless.
>
> Would it be possible to engineer the ArchHaskell PKGBUILDs so as to suppress
> these messages?

A fairly recent change to `cblrepo`[1] should take care of the
"Reading package..." bit.  I have opted to not spend the hours
necessary to rebuild all packages, instead all added and updated
packages will be more silent.  When the next version of ghc comes out
all packages will be quieter.

I'd really like to get a reliable way to reproduce the second issue,
so I can see what changes to the install script that's necessary to
deal with it.

/M

[1]: http://is.gd/s26Bd9

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org