[arch-haskell] Fwd: RFQ: Proposal for new versioning of packages

Nicola Squartini tensor5 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 10:07:48 UTC 2015

Release numbers would still be reset on adding:

xrev == 0                           -->
haskell-zlib-0.5.4.2-76-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
add xrev == n && n > 0    --> haskell-zlib-0.5.4.2-1.n-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
add <next ver>, xrev == 0 -->haskell-zlib-<next ver>-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

The only concern that I have with your versioning is that having 0.x in the
release number might suggest that the package is still in a testing stage.
And I make xrev == 0 first class (not adding the ".n") because I believe
Hackage revisions are ugly and should not exist.
Anyway, whatever scheme you choose it's good for me :)