[arch-haskell] RFQ: Proposal for new versioning of packages

Fabien Dubosson fabien.dubosson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 05:55:10 UTC 2015

> So, instead of dealing with a pair of `(pgkver, pkgrel)` we now have a
> triple of `(pkgver,xrev,pkgrel)`.  The issue then becomes how to
> convert this triple into a pair.  In particular, how to do it so the
> version ordering rules that `pacman` uses results in the wanted
> behaviour.

The `pkgrel' must be an integer incremented by 1, but there are no
defined format for `pkgver'. So why not using `pkgver_xrev-pkgrel' in
which `pkgver_xrev' is the `pkgver' defined in the PKGBUILD? It is
allowed to do so, will be strictly incrementing and respecting PKGBUILD
rules.

PS: underscores are allowed (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PKGBUILD#pkgver)

++ Fabien