[arch-haskell] Cblrepo and dependencies

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri Apr 24 08:42:03 UTC 2015

On 24 April 2015 at 10:18, SP <sp at orbitalfox.com> wrote:
> On 24/04/15 07:17, Magnus Therning wrote:
>> It depends on what you mean by 'installing them manually'.
>
> Explicitly telling Pacman to install them.

Yes, to build `cblrepo` from source you do need to manually ensure its
requirements are present.

>> If you find that the depencencies of `cblrepo` can't be satisfied by
>> ArchHaskell then it's a bug and I'd appreciate it if you raise a
>> ticket on github :)
>
> I will if I determine whether it is a bug. I have a hunch I have done
> something which has unregistered/misregistered which Haskell packages
> are installed.
>
>> If `haskell-unixutils` as found in the repo isn't installable, then
>> that's a bug too.  To keep the storage usage down I tend to clean out
>> old packages rather aggressively, so make sure to update your repo
>> data (`pacman -Sy`) often.
>
> What are the commands for reinstalling all of ArchHaskell based packages?

Personally I tend to first delete all Haskell dev packages: `pacman
-Rncs ghc`.  Then I manually install whatever packages I need at the
moment.  Of course it ought to be possible to automate it through some
scripting, but I have had to do this so rarely that I've not deemed it
necessary to put together such a script (or even think about how it
could be done).

Also, double check that `[haskell-core]` is listed berfore `[Extra]`
in your pacman config (http://is.gd/O3HkZN).

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org