[arch-haskell] Fwd: gitit status update and why are deps needed for binaries

SP sp at orbitalfox.com
Tue Apr 14 14:41:26 UTC 2015

On 14/04/15 13:10, Magnus Therning wrote:
> Patches are always welcome. :)

Naturally. If I find time I'll give it a shot.

> We don't really have to include the core team at all.  ArchHaskell
> isn't an official part of Arch so we can do what we want.  However,
> following the path of least surprise would suggest we don't stray too
> far away from the Arch way.

I'm aware and it would be ok to take whatever route suits ArchHaskell
best. But given this is targeted at Arch and I presume everyone here
wants Haskell to flourish, it might pay dividends in the future to have
a design which is in harmony with Arch.

Since the design to-date of Arch might have not had to deal with large
packages, they may have not catered for this problem and thus no "path
of least surprise" for us to follow.

It may be worthwhile to have their take on this, a solution they agree
is in line with Arch. This way we will also be following a path of least
surprise for us, in case they decide in the future to work scenarios
like ours differently.

Who knows.. in a future where everything is running on Haskell,
ArchHaskell might need to be merged in their "extra" repos!

--
	SP