[arch-haskell] GHC 7.10, and popular packages like Pandoc

Dawid Loubser dawid.loubser at ibi.co.za
Tue Apr 7 17:23:16 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Since upgrading to GHC 7.10, I am unable to build (e.g. via a straight
"cabal install") pandoc, and I note it's current absence from the
arch-haskell repo.

I depend on pandoc in a major way, and I was wondering if anybody got it
to work? I have myself fixed and submitted pull requests for some minor
libraries that my own code uses (mime, iCalendar, etc) but I figure that
somebody is surely working on something as prominent as pandoc?

What's the lie of the land? Should I jump in and try my best? (I fear
many days of pain might be involved, pandoc has deep dependencies...). I
am not a Haskell expert yet. Is somebody working on these?

kind regards,
Dawid Loubser