[arch-haskell] Ghc 7.10.1 in repo [was: Re: Ghc 7.10.1 in testing repo]

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Mon Apr 6 16:09:30 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 05:42:49PM +0200, Magnus Therning wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 02:42:28PM +0900, Nicola Squartini wrote:
> > Hi Magnus, and thanks for the upgrade!
> >
> > You mentioned that cblrepo didn't make it, but since my last upgrade
> > today I have version 0.15.0. And most importantly it gives an error
> > message:
> >
> >     cblrepo: user error (JSON parsing failed)
> >
> > whatever subcommand I try, even convertdb. Did the format change
> > since the last version?
>
> Nope, that's something else!  I see it as well.
>
> I fixed the dependencies soon after that earlier email and ran all the
> tests.  One crucial test is missing though: run cblrepo against an
> existing repo.  Aeson has changed defaults in the past, I'll see if
> it's something like that this time too.

Actually it's a change to an underlying data type that has changed
from being a String to a wrapped String resulting in the generated
JSON instances differing.  If I'm thinking correctly about it the
required change is minimal, so hopefully I'll find the time to address
this soon.

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

The British have "the perfect temperament to be hackers--technically
skilled, slightly disrespectful of authority, and just a touch of
criminal behavior".
     -- Mary Ann Davidson, Oracle's Security Chief