[arch-haskell] Ghc 7.10.1 in repo [was: Re: Ghc 7.10.1 in testing repo]

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sun Apr 5 06:52:49 UTC 2015

On Sat, Apr 04, 2015 at 08:34:57PM +0000, Xyne wrote:
> On 2015-04-04 22:12 +0200
> Magnus Therning wrote:
>
> >I've just switched over haskell-core to include ghc 7.10.1.
> >
> >There are a few packages that didn't make it over due to incompatibilities with
> >the new version of ghc:
> >
> >    cabal-file-th
> >    cblrepo
> >    cmdlib
> >    edit-distance
> >    FileManipCompat
> >    ghc-mod
> >    graphviz
> >    hakyll
> >    http-attoparsec
> >    MonadCatchIO-mtl
> >    nats
> >    pandoc
> >    pandoc-citeproc
> >    shellish
> >    taffybar
> >    timezone-olson
> >    timezone-series
> >    xmonad
> >    xmonad-contrib
> >
> >I'll try to get them re-added ASAP.
> >
> >/M
>
> Hi Magnus,
>
> I just wanted to say thanks again for the work that you put into
> maintaining this repo.
>
> What needs to be done to make pandoc work with ghc 7.10.1? Maybe I
> can help.

Different things depending on the package; bumping dependencies and/or
adjusting to changes in the APIs.

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Would you go to war without a helmet? Would you drive without the seat
belt?  Then why do you develop software as if shit doesn’t happen?
     -- Alberto G ( http://makinggoodsoftware.com/2009/05/12/hdd/ )