[arch-haskell] haskell-src-exts: Illegal instruction (core dumped)

Nicola Squartini tensor5 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 21:11:25 UTC 2014

I never used LLVM so I'm looking at the manual right now. It's explained
here:

http://llvm.org/docs/CommandGuide/llc.html#cmdoption-mcpu

It autodetects the cpu and optimizes for it.
As I understand, in order to produce generic code you should pass
-mcpu=i686 or -mcpu=x86_64. They can be passed to the ghc via -optlc, e.g.
-optlc="-mcpu=x86_64".
I'm going to look more carefully to see what is the best option to pass.