[arch-haskell] Snap web framework - not in ArchHaskell?

Bardur Arantsson spam
Tue Oct 8 17:43:08 UTC 2013

On 2013-10-08 11:54, Dawid Loubser wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed that neither the snap, nor the yesod web frameworks are in the
> arch-haskell repo - is there a specific reason for this?
>
> What would you recommend is the best way to install and use snap?
> (since it has been made clear that cabal is not a package manager, yet
> snap recommends installing it via cabal... :-S )

Well, it's not *really* a package manager, but it seems to be growing in
that direction... :)

Anyway, any users of Snap are probably going to be developers, and I
think it's pretty par for the course for developers to install libraries
they're using from Hackage.

I would recommend using "hsenv" for keeping per-project Cabal
environments. (The new Cabal will have support for similar isolation,
but I don't think it's really been released yet.)

Regards,

B?r?ur