[arch-haskell] http-conduit

Ramana Kumar ramana at member.fsf.org
Sat Oct 12 07:40:25 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 5:14 PM, <tam at hiddenrock.com> wrote:

> > Are any of the people with commit access to habs on this list?
> > What about merging in habs-extra?
>
> Honestly, I've kinda given up on this group because it seems the people in
> charge don't really care.  I've got my own little hackage->pkgbuild system
> running that so far works great for my needs.  Once I'm a little more
> confident of its performance, I may release it to a wider audience.

Cool :)
There's no reason not to simply reuse the arch-haskell name and resources
(e.g. this list, the irc channel, the arch wiki pages) to revive/restart.
(Maybe too many people associate arch-haskell with useless now, but I think
we can turn that around...)

I encourage you to release your stuff early, to get contributions from
others (like me) even before it's "ready".

Currently I am using [haskell] and [haskell-extra] and it is fine for my
needs.
The first is from arch-haskell (xsounds.org/~haskell) and the second is
from Fabio Riga (archhaskell.mynerdside.com).
Both are built using cblrepo.

What are you using?
Is it superior?