[arch-haskell] Building the Haskell ABS tree

Alessandro Pezzoni alessandro_pezzoni at lavabit.com
Sat Oct 12 07:40:14 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 08:49:55PM -0400, gdweber at iue.edu wrote:
> I thought I'd give cblrepo a try, and followed the instructions from
> https://github.com/archhaskell/habs#readme
>
> --but got a bunch of error messages:
>
> $ git clone git://github.com/archhaskell/habs.git
> Cloning into 'habs'...
> remote: Counting objects: 28074, done.
> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (10477/10477), done.
> remote: Total 28074 (delta 16611), reused 27981 (delta 16526)
> Receiving objects: 100% (28074/28074), 3.40 MiB | 170 KiB/s, done.
> Resolving deltas: 100% (16611/16611), done.
> $ cd habs
> $ cblrepo sync
> $ cblrepo pkgbuild $(cblrepo build base|tail -n +2)
> [...]
>
> Should this prevent me from going further and adding other packages
> that I want to build that are not in the [haskell] repo?
>
> Do I need to make the PKGBUILD files (and their directories) for all of
> the packages in the repo before adding my own?
>
> Do I need to actually _build_ the packages that are not my own
> (in the sense of making the Arch Linux packages that pacman can use,
> with makeahpkg)?  I certainly hope not!

To add some packages not in [haskell] you don't really need to make all
the PKGBUILD files, let alone build them (although what you posted mean
that we need to update those patches).
What you need to do is:
$ git clone git://github.com/archhaskell/habs.git
$ cd habs
$ cblrepo sync
$ cblrepo add NAME,VER ...
$ cblrepo pkgbuild NAME ...
$ ./ghc/helpers/adjust-ghc.sh */PKGBUILD

where NAME is the name of each package not in [haskell] you want to add
and VER is it's version number (as on hackage). The last step is a
temporary fix to set the correct ghc version number in the dependencies
array.
Then for each of those packages:
$ cd haskell-NAME
$ makepkg

If the build fails you should edit the PKGBUILD and submit a patch... or
just make a package request.

Hope this helps,
Alessandro