[arch-haskell] How to currently install haskell packages?

Alessandro Pezzoni alessandro_pezzoni at lavabit.com
Sat Oct 12 07:40:04 UTC 2013

> `cblrepo` gives fairly good messages on unsatisfiable dependencies.
> Can you post the message you get from it?

Actually, I'm not getting any errors from it, although I can only find
the haskell-ghc-paths package in the AUR (I have [haskell] in my
pacman.conf), which doesn't seem right to me. I tried looking in the
extra/ghc pkgbuild, where I found the following comment, but nothing
# Special note for devs looking to upgrade this package:
#   ghc places a unique hash for each library when it is built.
#   Libraries depend on versions specified by those hashes.
#   This implies that all libraries need to be rebuilt when ghc is rebuilt.
#   Also, due to dependency loop problems, haskell-ghc-paths and haddock
#   do not carry version dependencies. You will have to remember to
build them too.

If God had intended for email to be written in HTML, then the
traditional signoff of prayers would be </amen> -- Tom Liston