[arch-haskell] [haskell] is back online

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:39:59 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 12:26, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
> I've received several offers of hosting  [haskell].  It's wonderful to
> get such a great response from the members of the community.  So far
> one of the offers has come to fruition, but I'd like to have a second
> site, just in case.  I'll keep you updated on the progress.
>
> As I mentioned there is a new server and now you can use the following
> entry for [haskell]:
>
> ~~~
> [haskell]
> Server = http://xsounds.org/~haskell/$arch
> ~~~

I should probably point out that the repo is rather out-of-date
compared to Hackage at this point.  Lately I've spent more work on GHC
7.4 (in [ghc74]) than on keeping [haskell] on the edge.  I'm very
likely to keep this up because:

* GHC 7.4 has already made it into [staging], which hopefully means
it'll move into [extra] in the reasonably near future
* There is a fairly large set of base packages (e.g. all packages in
HP) which make updates in [haskell] quite a chore at this point
* I consider it to be more value in getting packages into [ghc74] at this point

At this time [ghc74] contains 85 packages, which includes the majority
of packages currently found in [extra] & [community].  There is
however quite a way left to match [haskell] (318 packages)... but I'm
working on it.

Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org