[arch-haskell] ghc 7.4.1 in a temporary repo

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:39:57 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:08, Adrien Haxaire <adrien at haxaire.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 10:00:53 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
>
>> I've probably missed something in my instructions, because to me it
>> looks like you haven't built anything except ghc itself.  There should
>> be a package in each sub-dir after a successful complete build.  All
>> haskell-* tar-balls are about 1Kb in size and they should be
>> considerably larger if there was a built package in there.
>
> I did this:
>
>   $ cd ah-ghc74
>   $ cblrepo build $(cblrepo list | cut -f1 -d\ ) > ,,build-order
>   $ cblrepo pkgbuild $(cat ,,build-order)
>   $ ./makeahpkg -x -- ghc $(cat ,,build-order)
>
> Maybe there is no space between -- and ghc in the 4th command. That may have
> spoiled it. So tonight I go for `./makeahpkg -x --ghc $(cat ,,buildorder)`
> and see what it does.

The instructions don't look wrong to me... and the `,,build-order`
file looks correct too.  The last command should take a considerable
amount of time and produce numerous packages.  You can list them
easily with `ls */*.xz`.

> By the way, do I need to upload the chroot too? Or is it just a place to
> build the packages?

It is just a place to build the packages.  The only thing you need to
upload are the built packages, i.e. what is listed with `ls */*.xz`.

Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org