[arch-haskell] [arch-general] (for Vesa and other Arch Devs on the list) Re: GHC 7.4.1 or HP 2011.4.0.0??

Vesa Kaihlavirta vpkaihla at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 07:39:53 UTC 2013

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 7:08 PM, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
> This was mainly directed to the Arch Devs on the list, and especially
> Vesa since he's putting in most of the work on GHC as found in
> [extra].
> We've already discussed the question of whether we should keep HP in
> Arch.  *I* think there was clear what the favoured route ahead was,
> but in the end it's the Arch Devs who decide.  I don't like the
> current situation (outdated GHC and outdated HP), so a decision would
> be much welcome then the work on catching up can begin.

Yeah, I noticed 7.4.1's release just now.

The question of HP and Arch was left in a limbo the last time, I feel.
The reason I started pondering about dropping HP earlier was that
there seemed to be no progress on it with regards to 7.2. Then it was
pointed out that 7.2 was sort of an unstable upstream release, so that
was the reason for HP not going with it.

So now I'm not so certain anymore about dropping it. We could again
wait for a while until HP catches up (it should be relatively fast
this time, since 7.4 is supposedly a real stable release) or just drop
it and go to 7.4.1 asap (and probably face some breakage). What do you
people think?


More information about the arch-haskell mailing list