[arch-haskell] Problems with haskell-chart and haskell-gio; was Re: Updating

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:39:43 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 09:30:19PM -0500, gdweber at iue.edu wrote:
> I'm getting some errors updating due to inconsistent versions of
> some of the packages listed below -- this started occurring, I
> think, between Nov. 19 and Nov. 21:

This is due to updates that have been made to [community] three days
ago.  I have still not come up with a good way to monitor [extra] and
[community] in an efficient way to be able to catch these events.

> And if I try re-installing the GTk-related packages as Magnus
> suggested, it's still the same:

The suggestion to re-install worked fine up until [community] was
updated.

> By the way, is it planned to have _no_ packages in [haskell] that
> are in [community]?  And is it still recommended to have [haskell]
> above [community] in /etc/pacman.conf?

Yes on the former question.

Regarding the latter, I continue to have [haskell] above [community]
on my important systems for the simple reason that TUs have a tendency
to just adopt packages into [community] without any sort of
announcement.

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Perl is another example of filling a tiny, short-term need, and then
being a real problem in the longer term.
     -- Alan Kay