[arch-haskell] How to determine whether a package is in or out in [haskell]?

Fabio Riga rifabio at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 07:39:40 UTC 2013

Hello,

2011/11/12 Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org>

> It would be excellent if more people could work on keeping [haskell]
> up-to-date :)
>
> However, splitting updating the database and the building of packages
> is likely to be a bit painful.  So far my experience is that updating
> packages to a buildable state often requires a few iterations of
> modifying patch files and attempting builds.  If each such iteration
> requires communication it's likely to drag out quite a bit.  The ideal
> would be a build server really.
>
> /M

why should we drop packages?  Unless we are running out of space on the
repository server we shouldn't. So I think we should find a solution to
decentralize the building process. So a build server could be okay. Is it a
problem to have a maintainer that check *some* packages, and not
everything? The main maintainer should only put everything together, maybe
periodically, so the others know when to submit updates and when to wait
for the next one.

Are you sure this will be more painful than build everything by your own on
your laptop?

Fabio