[arch-haskell] Broken dependencies for happstack, how can I help again?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:39:35 UTC 2013

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 06:47:08PM +0200, Fabio Riga wrote:
> Hi Magnus,
>
> Can you tell me what exactly do addbasepkg? What's the difference
> with 'add'?

It adds a package without recording dependencies. Such a package will
never be considered for updates.  In short a base package is a package
in one of the official repos.

> As for the diff file, don't you use anymore the git repository? I
> generated this patch using git, I hope this is ok. Using github
> would be easier for me to stay synced.

Sure, we use git on github so of course it's even more convenient for
us if you use it yourself and create a pull request.  However, you
don't _have_ to do that, just posting patches to the list is also
good.

> Anyway, the cblrepo procedure seems very clean and easy. Great job!

Good that you think so.  There are some further improvements needed,
but I've found it quite usable already.

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with
millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural
integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves.
     -- Alan Kay