[arch-haskell] Build error with lekash on archlinux when using cabal2arch

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:39:19 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 04:16:39PM +1000, Mathew de Detrich wrote:
> Oh no, I understood that perfectly. Technically speaking its an
> issue with the cabal package file, although I have no idea if this
> is something cabal package maintainers should be responsible for or
> if this is a side effect of PKGBUILD supporting profiling

Ah, good, English isn't my native tongue so I'm aware I sometimes
express myself clumsily.

<rant>
IMNSHO the Leksah Cabal file clearly is the culprit here.  I
personally think that Cabal files uploaded to Hackage shouldn't turn
on anything like profiling, shared libs etc.  They should configure
the bare minimum.  It should be left to packagers (e.g. ArchHaskell)
to turn on stuff like profiling and shared libs if that's suitable.
</rant>

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have
C++ in mind.
     -- Alan Kay