[arch-haskell] Upgrading text?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:38:50 UTC 2013

Rémy & Vesa,

I've just spent some time working out whether we can upgrade yesod in
ArchHaskell or not.  Currently we can not, and it comes down to two
packages:

- dbus-core (in ArchHaskell so I won't discuss it more here)
- text (in [extra])

yesod has a few dependencies that require text==0.11.*.  The version
in [extra] is 0.10.0.0.  Is there any chance of getting an upgrade to
text in the near future?

I noticed that there is a PKGBUILD for 0.11.0.0 in ABS already, but it
requires GHC 7.  It does however compile with GHC6 with the obvious
minor modifications.  It looks like there are not packages in [extra]
or [community] that depend on text (according to [1]).

/M

[1] http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/haskell-text/
email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org