[arch-haskell] release plan (was: What version of cabal2arch should be used to build HABS?)

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:38:00 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 14:46, Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've re-generated all our PKGBUILDs using the latest version of the
> tool-chain. The Git repository for HABS is visible here:
>
>                 http://github.com/archhaskell/habs
>
> One major change is that our PKGBUILDs now require very specific
> versions of those packages provided by Haskell Platform and GHC.
> It's likely that some people have obsolete packages installed in
> their system that will conflict with our required versions, so I'd
> expect some reports of broken builds to come in when the new
> versions go on-line.
>
> I'm re-building the i686 binary repository as we speak, and so far
> things look good. I guess, the new binary packages are going to be
> available within the next 24 hours.

Are you uploading the source packages to AUR as well, or do you want
me to do it?

> As far as I'm concerned, this means that we can (and should) publish
> new releases of the ArchLinux library and of cabal2arch. I could
> probably do that tomorrow or so, but if anyone else would like to do
> the honors of tagging, assembling, and uploading those packages to
> Hackage, then please do!

I'll tag them up as follows:

0.7.7 - https://github.com/archhaskell/cabal2arch/commit/02f5bec78dfd415db8bca5215b7526558e42e20a
0.3.6 - https://github.com/archhaskell/archlinux/commit/b27f8e880fa884d03f2b26f79f3b5aae34a5a95e

No changes to the CABAL files are necessary, only tagging in git.

Is that all right?

Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org