[arch-haskell] Destination folder of Haskell modules

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 07:37:47 UTC 2013

While playing with Haskell modules currently in [community], I
discovered that several of them, like haskell-x11, get installed to
  /usr/lib/ghc-$(GHC_VERSION)/site-local/$(PACKAGE_NAME)-$(PACKAGE_VERSION)
whereas cabal2arch PKGBUILDs use the default directory
  /usr/lib/$(PACKAGE_NAME)-$(PACKAGE_VERSION)/ghc-$(GHC_VERSION)

The latter hierarchy looks highly confusing to me, as for example
gtk2hs-glib gets installed in /usr/lib/glib-0.12.0, not to be confused
with the glib2 package which installs files in /usr/lib/glib-2.0.

So the first directory hierarchy looks much more logical to me. It is
obtained by using the option
  --libsubdir=\$compiler/site-local/\$pkgid
in the "runhaskell Setup configure" command.

Regards,
--
Rémy.