[arch-haskell] Re: [extra] haskell-parallel

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:37:37 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 14:19, Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to> wrote:
> Hi Rémy,
>
>  > Can you quickly tell me if everybody agrees on me uploading these
>  > packages:
>  >
>  > - haskell-parallel (version 3.1.0.1)
>  > - haskell-hp-parallel (version 2.2.0.1, provides haskell-parallel=2.2.0.1)
>
> I'd rather have haskell-parallel-2.2.0.1 in [extra].
>
> The distinction between haskell-X and haskell-hp-X sounds good in theory,
> but I don't believe that the consequences of that change are sufficiently
> understood, nor am I convinced that we posses a tool-chain that's capable of
> taking advantage of that distinction. At this point in time, that change
> looks like a lot of risks and very little payoff.

I made an attempt at providing exactly this, at
http://linode3.kiwilight.com/~magnus.therning/archhaskell/x86_64/

Please have a look at it and let me know what you find.  I'm fairly
sure those packages need some further tweaking, but my gut feeling
tells me it *is* possible to do this and end up with a system that is
convenient to use.

Magnus Therning                        (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
magnus@therning.org          Jabber: magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus         identi.ca|twitter: magthe