[arch-haskell] Where are we headed?

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 07:37:37 UTC 2013

On 2010/11/10 Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> there seems to be a lack of coordination. It feels like we are wandering
> off into all kinds of different directions. I would like to think that
> there is a common goal that we are trying to achieve, but I'm not sure
> whether that is the case. Maybe it would be helpful if everyone involved
> in this effort could post a short description of what exactly it is that
> he or she is interested in accomplishing?

I am interested in:
* ensuring ArchLinux can provide the basic blocks that build popular
packages (like darcs and xmonad)
* packaging all dependencies of the archlinux module (and maybe the
archlinux module itself when it reaches a stable status)
* giving some help in setting up an infrastructure that allows
building a large number of packages (but not maintaining the package
list on the long term)
* writing bits of Haskell code that interact with pacman and
ArchLinux, but not necessarily for managing Haskell packages.

--
Rémy.