[arch-haskell] Road to binary repository

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sat Oct 12 07:37:18 UTC 2013

Hi Rémy,

 > http://github.com/remyoudompheng/archhaskell-build

this is really quite impressive! Great job. I have some question, and I
hope that you can help me understand how the whole things works:

 1) The file PKGLIST determines the set of Cabal files to be converted
    into PKGBUILDs. At the same time, PKGLIST is generated from the set
    of available PKGBUILDs. This is looks like a circular dependency to
    me. Am I missing something?

 2) The main build step appears to be "makeworld". Is that script
    capable of performing incremental builds?

    To give you a concrete example, assume that makeworld has run
    successfully and that the entire binary repository is up-to-date.
    Now, there arrives an update to "hledger-lib", which necessitates
    that two packages ought to be re-built, namely "hledger-lib" and
    "hledger". Will running "makeworld" again do that?

Take care,
Peter