[arch-haskell] Road to binary repository (was: How to update packages in extra?)

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 07:37:16 UTC 2013

On 2010/10/21 Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to> wrote:
> Right now, the biggest problem we ought to solve is that a lot of
> our packages don't build because the version constraints cannot be
> satisfied. The following solutions to this problem have been
> proposed:
>  1) Generate a consistent package set computationally.
>  2) Maintain the package set manually, and use automated test builds
>    to verify that all constraints are satisfied.
> In the long run, we should have both, but (2) is a must-have if we
> aim to provide a binary repository.
> So I wonder whether anyone is working on an implementation of either
> approach? And if, then what is the state of those efforts?

The build system I suggest is the following:

I would like to add a feature to manycabal2arch that reads a list of
packages with specified pkgrels and generates PKGBUILDs with that
pkgrel, this would reduce bumping pkgrels for rebuilds to a trivial

I still have to add functions to do topological rebuilds (all needed
programs do already exist), and include the script that checks for
Cabal updates.