[arch-haskell] Thoughts on Procedure

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 07:37:01 UTC 2013

On 2010/10/14 Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> wrote:
> You can use cabal-install to do consistency checks, as described here:
>
>    http://www.well-typed.com/blog/24
>
> [...]
>
> Indicating that those are inconsistent. You could take the list of
> things in AUR, with version numbers, and ask cabal install if they're
> consistent (and then, when they're not, iterate, removing inconsistent
> packages).

That's certainly a good idea, but we would have to encode the package
name in the PKGBUILD to retrieve it easily. The best option would be
to have cabal-install as a library so that we could access it from
Haskell. I don't want to use IOs for something that should be a pure
function. Do you know why cabal-install contains libraries not in
cabal ?

--
Rémy.