[arch-haskell] Thoughts on Procedure

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 07:37:01 UTC 2013

On 2010/10/14 Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to> wrote:
> are those checks based on the PKGBUILD files? I wonder, because those
> files contain only a subset of the available information since
> cabal2arch cannot translate all version specifications in dependencies.
> Such a check would spot some errors, i.e. it would recognize that
> PKGBUILDS are flat-out missing, but it can't verify whether a dependency
> like "foo == 1.*" or "bar >= 3 && < 5" is fulfilled.
>
> To implement those kind of checks, it would be necessary to work with
> the original Cabal files. Does your tool do that? If it does, then it
> has the potential to speed up "make check" quite a lot!

Some remarks:
1. it may be possible that makepkg recognises dependencies looking
like ("package>=3" "package<5") I don't really know how pacman will
deal with that. The important thing is that the source repository is
consistent.
2. I don't know how to handle non-existent dependencies: for the
moment I assume they are fulfilled, because for example they are
system packages.

--
Rémy.