Receiving comments on this list (was: [arch-haskell] AUR Comment for haskell-abortt-transformers)

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sat Oct 12 07:36:59 UTC 2013

Hi Magnus.

 > I've changed the email address on the AUR account to a private one
 > again. Not because of the flooding but because using the mailing list
 > address would allow pretty much anyone to reset the password on the
 > AUR account via the "Forgot Password" link.

Good catch. :-)

I wonder whether there is anything we can do to remedy that problem? I
reckon the mailing software has some kind of regex-based filtering
mechanism? Would it be possible to let all e-mails pass that match a
fairly strict "this is a comment" expression? All other e-mails that
don't match this regex would go to the moderator. That should catch the
"Forgot Password" emails reliably, but everything else would go through
without delay.

In any case, what happens to e-mails that the list won't accept? Are
they in some kind of moderator queue?

Take care,
Peter