[arch-haskell] Layout of ABS tree for Haskell packages?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:36:52 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 14:59, Gour D. <gour at atmarama.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 13:11:03 +0100
>
> Magnus> I'm not sure I understand what you mean here.  Would you mind
> Magnus> giving an example?
>
> Well, it would be nice and (maybe) easier to find some package if e.g
> hdbc-sqlite3 would be under 'database' category instead of just 'lib'.
>
> However, the problem is that if you browse categories available on
> AUR, there is none labelled as 'database' 'cause there 18 categories
> only including some very general like {gnome,kde,xfce,..}.

Ah, then I understand.  And I disagree :-)

To me this is an issue of discoverability of packages, I just don't
think the ABS repo is the place to solve that issue.  We'll need a
tool to support our ABS repo, so that users can search for packages
the same way they now can search AUR.

Magnus Therning                        (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
magnus@therning.org          Jabber: magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus         identi.ca|twitter: magthe