[arch-haskell] Re: What to do now?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:36:49 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 12:09, Rémy Oudompheng <remyoudompheng at gmail.com> wrote:
> Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
>> Oh, don't get me wrong, some parts are already perfect.  The kind of
>> things I was thinking of was
>>
>> • modify cabal2arch to accept the location of the local copy of the
>> ABS tree so that the new PKGBUILD is created in the correct place
>> • modify cabal2arch to be aware of the layout of the ABS tree
>> (especially I expect that we would want some way of separating binary
>> and source packages)
>> • modify cabal2arch in the directions that Don has already pointed
>> out, i.e. to remove the static, compiled-in lists (e.g. naming of C
>> packages for dependencies), instead those lists should be kept outside
>> the binary (maybe even make it possible to get them from a URL)
>
> I am strongly bothered by the fact that the PkgBuild "Show" function
> is implemented in cabal2arch and not in the archlinux module, is there
> anybody against merging them together ?

I was actually more bothered about the number of executables that are
contained in archlinux; my initial thought was to break them out and
put them in cabal2arch, thereby making archlinux a pure library
package. ;-)

Magnus Therning                        (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
magnus@therning.org          Jabber: magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus         identi.ca|twitter: magthe